Monday, March 5, 2012

A Milestone Run

The miles are building up! The week of Feb 20-26 was a much more relaxed week around our house. We were done with the birthday parties and our next event to get ready for wasn't going to be until the following week. Tuesday and Thursday runs were 3.1 miles and 2 miles. Saturday was the long run day and I ran:


5 MILES!!!!!

My son's artwork this week was to turn the 5 into somebody running. :-)

The week before my husband took the kids to the store while I ran and they bought me a hydration belt. It's one that has one bottle on it and a zippered pouch to carry what I might need. I figure that since I'm out for more than an hour at a time now I need to carry some water and an energy source. I've been prone to blood sugar crashes and I certainly don't want to have one while I'm on the road. For this run I took "Sport Beans" - made by Jelly Bellies. I found them to be difficult to chew (it was cold out so they hardened) and they took too much time. I'm going to keep experimenting to see what works for me.

I took a new route on this run. I enjoy mixing things up a bit as running the same route all the time gets boring.

I ran the 5.1 miles in 1 hour 16 minutes which gave me a pace of 14:54.

No comments:

Post a Comment